Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Day 5 of 419

Today (when I say today, I mean yesterday as I write a day behind sometimes) I woke up and worked out in the morning – about 1000 calories worth - , had an apple and a yogurt for breakfast in the car on the way to work, and plopped myself onto my chair and worked for the next 14 hours.  The third business day of every month means long hours as we close our financial books from the prior month.  My numbers came in decent and aside from a few indecent numbers, I came in pretty close to what I expected, which is generally good.  Unless the boss wants more than what I predicted.  But when that happens, where am I going to get extra money?  Any ways, I had some leftover mashed potatoes and some chicken for lunch and then work brought in Olive Garden for dinner.  I was taking my chances with that.  Work always has dinner catered on day 3 of close and more often than not, it is good, and there is often too much food.  So I too often over eat.  Not this time.  Nope, I took a small plate of lasgna and noodles and salad.  Knowing that the Olive Garden throughs in tons of garlic, cheese and butter, of course it tastes good, but it is not that good for you.  So I limited myself to a small portion and only one at that.  I am proud of myself for not going back for seconds or thirds as sometimes I do.  With my estimations, I stayed well below my caloric intake bar I set and although I sat around all day, I came out ahead.

 

Fred

 

No comments: